Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

those statements doesn't really prove it for me ...

i would hardly consider audio revolution to be the last word in terms of accuracy of reporting (in any case, if you read the review that statement seems to be talking about the player's analog outputs rather than firewire).

i think it would have been difficult for the 47Ai to support DSD given the spec wasn't finalised until at least six months after it was released. there could have been a firmware update, of course. when did you buy yours?

the only way to tell for sure is to check for yourself, rather than rely on statements on the web. many statements made on the internet turn out not quite 100% true - there's the infamous case of the sony white paper on their digital amps which extolled how "DSD-like" the amps were, but a few people who have opened up the amps found out DSD is converted to PCM internally before it even touches the power amps. ouch!

and according to alex peychev the current budget Sony DVD/SACD players convert DSD to PCM internally because Sony couldn't be bothered routing DSD all the way to the DACs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.