Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Also worth mentioning . . .

Thanks for this post too – I have some of the AIX Romanian DVD-Audios, but unfortunately, not any of the ones on your list. My favorite of the ones I have is the Romanian Folk Music disc with the Adrian Petrescu Band – lots of insane fun and energy!

Regarding the Anita Chang disc of the Chopin Ballades, I agree that it’s recorded very well indeed. However, I could not get past the performances which sounded a bit (sorry!) amateurish to me – by which I mean lacking basic elements of control and technique in voicing chords or creating seamless legato lines. This type of control is a sine qua non in this music. (I may as well ‘fess up here and admit to being Jon Nakamatsu’s accompanist and sometime duo partner – that influences my outlook on piano performances a little.)

I haven’t heard the new Roberto Prosseda Chopin recital yet, but I agree with you that it’s good to see AIX issuing new classical DVD-Audios! I’ll keep an eye out for it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.