Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Perhaps... But

... I can't imagine anybody knowing the first thing about live music and the serious limitations of reproduced music even with today's SOTA-level systems willing to compare the non-performance-oriented "high-end" audio industry to a real performance-oriented industry that includes exotic sports cars, F1, and top-fuel dragsters all of which wreak of real performance.

To answer your other questions between the differences of a Porsche 918 and a Boxter that have absolutely no corelation to "high-end" audio:

1. 0 - 60 at 2.4 seconds vs 4.2 seconds is a HUGE difference.
2. The 1.12 vs 1.01 lateral acceleration is also not a small difference.

But what you neglect to mention is that:

1. Both Porches are still quite the performer and far exceeding the typical Cadillac or Buick and will run metaphorics circles around most domestic cars.

2. Even though to the naive (perhaps like yourself), these two stats may seem like the 2 Porsches are more alike than different. When nothing could be further from the truth. I know very little about either Porsche but I suspect one is designed entirely different from the other from the ground up. I'll bet dollars to donuts their braking systems, transmissions, engines, even the gear shifting mechanisms are entirely different.

And though you are only focused on 2 stats, I'd suspect that their driving behaviors are also entirely different, e.g. going into and coming out of corners, acceleration, deceleration, braking, power shifting, etc. are all most likely vastly different one from another. Also including operating temperaturs, brake cooling features, engine cooling, oil cooling, top speeds, etc. etc.

And we haven't even gotten into the potentially vastly different design styles and various aesthetics.

E-Stat, considering your apparent inability to discern a potential gulf of differences between a 918 and a Boxter, you're starting to sound like you could be a prime candidate for being a "high-end" audiophile.

Edits: 03/25/15 03/25/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.