Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I once had downstairs neighbors that used a timer too...

Like DMan's neighbors, it was on their mid-fi as an alarm. Hers triggered Madonna at 4:30 am, and his ran Metallica at 5 am. So every morning there was a double blast of high-dB Metadonna for a few seconds (until, I assume, they respectively leaped out of bed to shut it off.)

Highly annoying, but for community's sake we tolerated it. Then they left town for a weekend... and forgot all about their clever alarm system. For the next 48+ hours, starting at 4:30 am, the same Metallica and Madonna albums repeated endlessly at insane volume levels below our bedroom. We literally couldn't hear each other speak, much less sleep, so wound up checking into a motel--as well as begging the landlord to shut off power for just a few seconds to kill the damn thing. (Which the bastard wouldn't do.) And to cap it all off, when the fools returned... they were furious at US for calling the landlord!

Our current neighbors: upstairs, a 4 yr old and 6 yr old running, fighting, and playing until bedtime; downstairs, 50+ married couple that argue, fight, and scream nightly. I play at 80-85 dB, C-weighted on an SPL; and don't give a damn what either one thinks. I learned the hard way not to care about people who prove themselves to be inconsiderate.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.