Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: So you can hear your neighbor playing music!!!

I live in an end unit in a five unit, two story building. Fortunately I have no common walls with my next door neighbor as our apartments are separated by two stairways. I'm situated above a five car garage so I have no one above or below me. A good situation for living in multiple unit housing. I've rarely heard anyone in my vicinity playing recorded music so that has never been a sonic intrusion. My neighbors' daughter, who is now away studying at a music conservatory, has delighted me with her piano playing for the past few years. Due to the acoustics of the space between my building and the one next to me which is very close I could hear her piano playing very clearly when she practiced which was appreciated by myself and my neighbors. I recall a few times when after she finished a lengthy and rigorous piece neighbors would break into applause.

So that's my experience with hearing neighbors playing music. I'm not sure I understand the point of your testing but I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed my past impromptu neighborhood concerts.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: So you can hear your neighbor playing music!!! - R Browne 21:41:20 04/07/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.