Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.


The term "integrated amp" means different things to different people. To some, the term implies on-board input switching, tone controls, a tape loop and phono preamp. Others consider it "integrated" if it simply has a volume control.

If you have cabinet space for two chassis, I would recommend a separate amp and preamp. Bottlehead makes kits, and they're very highly regarded. A separate preamp and SET amplifier are within your budget. These products will give you the most bang for your buck, and they have distinct advantages over buying used gear or (ugh) Chinese junk.

Buy Chinese. Bury freedom.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.