Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Speaking of Line Magnetic...

I don't seem to be able to find the Line Magnetic website. But when it was available - they had a list of companies they had a warning about and cattylink among several others were listed.

You will also find that a lot of Chinese makers make two lines - one for the Western world market and an inferior product for the domestic market.

My dealer in Hong Kong noted this because he repaired them and upgraded them - and apparently the ones he sold and the ones the west get use better parts and perhaps higher level safety standards.

Of course there will be dealer mark-ups and the shipping of an LM 219IA at 120lbs in a massive box and crate costs a fair bit to ship.

The easy check on these website is to see if they are selling a brand you know well at prices you know well. I checked aliexpress for example and see them selling cables that sell for well over $1k from a company that NEVER has a sale or lower prices going for $120. It's a fake.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.