Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What about the quality of musical presentation?

I will be able to get into the meat of the difference when I get the M6 preamp on both the Empress and the PM as power amp in the same room. The Empress however has been more tactile open with big impact in the bass. Which considering it offers less than half the power is a surprise.

The problem.with all reviews is they can't always be summed into mere words on a page like frequency response or the usual verbiage. Sometimes it is simply a hear it and feel it thing. Like seeing the cleanest clearest sunset on the world's finest television and then standing on the deck and seeing it in person. The M6 Empress gives me that sensation or breath of life that I have not quite gotten with Line Magnetic...or Shindo for that matter. I don't actually get it with all AN either. It depends on the pairings.

All this stuff is good. It really boils down to what does it for you. The 219ia does it for me which is why I bought it. Involving, toe tapping, moving etc. It's just moving up the chain. And as I point out. The 219Ia is $7500 and to get me off it I'd be moving to over $30k. That's how good the 219ia is IMO. And with stock tubes no less.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.