Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Good for it's price

Hi Pete,

I got the Trends Audio USB converter so I can use my non-usb Assemblage Dac Combo. The AQVOX came by accident a few days ago for me to try and evaluate (I did not buy it). I'm having really great sound using the Trends converter with my current Dac combo and won't contemplate buying the AQVOX unless it turns out to be superior in ALL areas to the Assemblage units, which I still seriously doubt, eventhough the AQVOX is indeed a very nice sounding unit by itself. The Assemblage units (circa 2001 at MSRP $3400 ) are much much better built than the AQVOX and more natural sounding across the board with excellent sonic weight and heft.

The Trends unit might be 'cheap' but it is a very 'nice sounding' unit provided you feed it with a good USB cable and a similarly good coax cable at the output.

This is my first venture into serious PC audio and so far the outcome is fantastic. More experiments are sure to follow..

AP

# The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men # Jules Winnfield(Ezekiel 25:17)>Pulp Fiction<

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.