Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: You are NOT alone, but impatience and

Hey Fred,

A simple demonstration of what I and others have said, is simply that KS and Exclsuive Mode offer different sound qualities from ASIO. The player buffer size also affects sound quality. With such variables. how can inmates claim that cMP and cPlay offer optimisation of playback from a PC system?

The fact that cmp and cplay were written for specifically for optimizing performance with asio and for the smallest buffers is how. Cics spent most of his time as I see it on "asio refinements" and sliming down his code.

Also, such 'optimisations via minimisations' for best SQ is directly contradicted by MAC users with 'power' computers, high end audio replay equipment, and who have access to a wide range of players designed for audio.

I dont think so. To conclude that you would have to slim down the mac and compare. Please point to anyone who has done that. The closest I recall are the mach 2 folks and IMHO their results are in line with cics' principles. They are now in the same position that most of us cmp2s were in before cics came along...they just dont know any better.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.