Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Try Macsales.com

Thanks Gordon and others

I have referred to Mactracker and my Macbook is definitely capped at 2Gb.

Currently I only listen to 16/44 material, so the question of high res material is moot.

When I come to replace this Macbook with another Mac, it'll have plenty more RAM in it and I'm well aware Apple's prices are beyond the pale compared with, say, Kingston. So whatever goes in situ will probably have 8Gb for not much, but right now I don't need it until the Macbook expires.

I've also checked the USB bus and made sure I was using a dedicated controller, not the one that another internal peripheral hangs off of (can't remember what and am not in front of the Macbook to check). Both controllers use the same chipset IIRC.

I've referred to the Audivarna documentation / bulletin board and the clicking in Integer mode is a known issue with the solution as described. Just trying to avoid the expense of an external hub and want to work out if it's even noticable as an improvement. Changing to the Wireworld USB cable was a subtle but noticable improvement, as was moving from Pure Music to Audirvana. So I'm hoping there is more to come, but would be unsurprised if I actually went backwards in the process.

Tks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Try Macsales.com - Peter Earnshaw 08:15:53 04/18/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.