Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

More huffing and puffing

"Name calling in lieuof proper credentials: Absolutely no documentation of your claims for being a theoretical physicist; Bogus explanations of claimed effects when no third party "proof" has been rendered, just anecdotal "evidence"; A refusal to even make a most elementary experiment to verify the effect of certain claims you have made."

The burden of proof is not mine. Anyway, Demands for Proof are against AA policy. Don't you know anything?

"Despite your claims of being a "rocket scientist", and a "theoretical physicist", you have never convinced a majority of readers that you are even slightly qualified in making such claims. "

I suspect what you're really trying to say is the backsliding, tin-eared pseudo-skeptics just won't take No for an answer and will argue til they're blue in the face, this thread a case in point. I could care less if someone doubts my word, my claims or doubts my credentials. I just consider the source. This is not a peer review process. And, frankly, you are not my peer. I think it might be a good idea if you repeat to yourself, "It's only a hobby, it's only a hobby."

"By your line of reasoning, I can claim to be genius (I have been invited to join Mensa, BTW, and was a National Merit Semifinalist [I never applied for any scholarships, a mistake on my part], but that placed me, at the time 40 years ago, as being in the upper 1/2 of the top 1% in the country."

Nice try, but as you apparently don't know your argument is an appeal to authority and is irrelevant to this discussion. You might as well say you were invited to join Alcoholics Anonymous, for all I care.

"You can keep on calling me names if that makes you feel better, but the sad truth is that YOU are woefully under qualified to make the outlandish claims you have already made. You show little knowledge and understanding of the subject for a claimed "theoretical physicist".

You're just a big fat liar. Since you are not a theoretical physicist you are not qualified to judge whether I am a theoretical physicist. Anymore than you are qualified to judge someone who claims to be a microbiologist. Now, you might be able to judge someone who claims to be a steelworker.

"You depend on reviews on the works of eminent scholars and true scientists."

But the reviews were scholarly, so your statement doesn't hold water.

"You have little understanding nor do you evidence any readings of some of the fore most thinkers in the current field of modern physics. When I bring up some of those names, you claim that I am name dropping."

But you ARE name dropping, Einstein. Name dropping is a common tactic of the died-in the wool "skeptic" who has no real argument to present. To make matters worse the names you drop are irrelevant to the discussion. Actually, you've demonstrated over and over that you can't follow a simple discussion. Have you given any consideration to taking a remedial course in reading comprehension?

"You make your claims based on a 12 foot square listening room. Isn't it about time you moved out of your parent's bedroom?"

Gee, a strawman argument and name-calling all in one sentence. Boy, are you dumb. Ever heard of headphones? Do you honestly believe there's something inherently wrong with a 12 foot square room? You're just grasping for straws.

Edits: 09/04/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.