Someone needs to do spectral analysis of all the mofi sacds to check for the presence of music content above 22kHz to confirm if they had really used real dsd captures of the studio mastertapes or they were merely upsampled pcm files provided by the original music label(s).
Of all the 26 mofi sacd titles that I've listened to, they don't sound as good compared against the same recordings on sacd issued by the original label or against those from Analogue Production. All the mofi sacds tend to sound soft, dulled and closed-in.
A while ago, you found that a lot of Sony sacd titles were derived from 44.1kHz/48kHz pcm sources.
And then the question would be - what if some of those less than perfect "dsd" files had also been used to make the mofi 1-step vinyl records...
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Archimago: Can you do more spectral analysis of Mofi SACDs? - jeromelang 18:37:16 08/16/22 (11)
- Mofi's Eric Clapton: Unplugged SACD was derived from 44.1kHz PCM - jeromelang 18:58:02 08/24/22 (1)
- Excellent website. I'm checking my albums vs newer remasters - AbeCollins 06:50:42 08/27/22 (0)
- Norah Jones SACD Scandal --- Slightly off-topic - AbeCollins 18:55:32 08/16/22 (8)
- My SACD Experience - 2-ears 13:27:09 08/17/22 (2)
- RE: My SACD Experience - Todd Krieger 09:07:55 09/22/22 (0)
- RE: My SACD Experience - AbeCollins 22:16:05 08/19/22 (0)
- They did eventually redo that SACD. (nt) - Jack G 04:17:22 08/17/22 (3)
- Who is "They"? - John Marks 19:58:48 08/17/22 (2)
- The same thing happened on SA-CD.net some years ago. . . - Chris from Lafayette 01:00:24 08/17/22 (0)