Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Korg DS-DAC-10R

One possible reason might be due to the USB controller - Korg is using USB2 and they didn't guarantee that the device would work on USB3. Going back about 10 years ago, there was certainly backwards compatibility issues with USB2 devices in early USB3 controllers when USB3 was "new" despite the requirement to be fully backwards compatible. That seems to have been ironed out in recent years. The Korg works fine on all my new laptop devices with USB 3 type A ports and OTG ports, but I did have problems with some USB3 hubs and early USB3 PCI cards and some early USB3 portable HDDs also not being recognised in those same cards.

As I said last time, I've had ZERO problems with the DS-DAC-10R/Audiogate on multiple generic Chinese 2 in1 Win10 machines and it is running fine on a Teclast 2in1 device (via Type A USB3 connection) I bought off Aliexpress which is now running Win11 and your experience should not frighten off others; as long they are using a typical OTS laptop or standard desktop without unusual legacy expansion cards, then everything runs fine on USB3. Any legacy device with USB 2 ports should be fine.

From what I have read, MS no longer test the new builds on real hardware - they use virtual machines with "standard" hardware configurations before releasing builds to the Insider Program. They rely on those on the Windows Insider Program to inform them of specific bugs - like the file corruption issues in storage spaces reported in early distributions of new releases like version 2004 (May 2020).
Regards Anthony

"Beauty is Truth, Truth Beauty.." Keats

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.