Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: marantz SA-10

Thanks very much. I thinkI am the one who asked that question about CD playback. I agree that this thread (or these threads) are very hard to sort out, at least the way the software presents them. I'm glad I managed to find your post.

I think you have answered my question. To perhaps repeat myself: I have a Marantz SA14,
which plays CD's better than my Onkyo. It also plays SACD's, which the Onkyo would not.
Some of the SACD's sound superb: especially Duke Ellington "Blues in Orbit", and some
Patricia Barber SACD's. The SACD version of "Kind of Blue" sounds almost as good as the Vinyl,
the CD not so much. But in fact very little of the music I love is available on SACD, and it would make no sense to me to
spend the money necessary to replace the SA14 with an SA10 if most of that music would sound worse, even if the ten or so great SACD's I
have would sound even better.

The SA14 has been criticized in some places for excessive warmth; that does not bother me,
with my ESL based system.

Any further thoughts?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: marantz SA-10 - airheadair 21:32:36 04/19/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.