Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

SA10 OWNER

Hi every body. I just purchased a Marantz SA10. It surprises me how much speculation about this player has been posted without any factual information from owners.

Let me tell you the build quality is like that of a 7000$ player. Massive all copper box heavy and completely un resonant. Mechanical operation of drawer and key response if quite fast. How does it sound? Spectacular!
I am a die hard vinyl fan and I have a serious table and cartridge to compare it with. Playback of SACD's or DSD files produce as close a sound to analog vinyl as I have heard before. Warm sound with not a trace of CD brillance even on cds' Imaging and detail are first class. I downloaded a DSD file (Harry Connick Jr We are in Love DSD) and (Al Jareau My Old Friend FLAC) Loaded them on a USB Flash and plugged them in the rear socket. The SA10 recognized both flies quickly and played them back faultlessly. My next test will be if I can connect a streamer to the rear processor of the SA10. If you have any question I right here.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.