Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Actually Jay is a darn good bass player.

Thanks for citing Mike Renzi's piano. I couldn't remember his name, and was too lazy to get out the liner notes and look him up myself. But I have to agree, Leonhart's bass playing is "darn good," as you put it.

Who could trash this recording? A READER? Amazing story!

You know, as good as labels like DMP and Chesky and Telarc and others are at recording, their marketing abilities seem to be correspondingly poor! The sad thing is that most of these audiophile record labels don't even seem to know who their customers are! I would say that 80 to 90% of all audiophiles are baby boomers, whose musical references are the 60's and 70's. Yet, there is an absolute DEARTH of material produced from this era by the so-called audiophile labels.

You can probably find 50 versions of "Round Midnight" on these labels. But Beatles covers? Paul Simom covers? You can think of a dozen others ... they're NON-EXISTENT! Don't these people want to sell records???

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Actually Jay is a darn good bass player. - halfnote 22:31:38 01/31/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.