Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Actually Jay is a darn good bass player.

He's a New York session guy. I bought the original CD back in the olden days due to a CD Review rave, as did many others. As a regular at Zinno's (New York's best jazz / food place, but sorry, no longer) he gigged regularly with Bucky Pizzarelli, among others. One night I took my original disc cover for an autograph, as I always do. He's a pretty laid back kind of guy. He was surprised that someone wanted him to sign that disc as he did not take it too seriously. He said that the disc did not sell at all until CD Review's take on it. Two months later a reader trashed it and the sales went down significantly. Do to that or that all potential buyers had already bought it? Who knows. Regardles, it is good fun stuff that proves that early PCM, properly implemented, can actully sound ok. Moon Over Miami is demo material. Mike Renzi's piano sounds rich. He is a session guy as well who I believe played on occaision at Zinno's.

I got the SACD from of all places, Overstock.com for 11.99.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.