Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Most Importantly, Most Now Include A CD Layer

I'm speaking strictly SACD. I'm sure many early adapters to the format bought titles to try the format. Therefore, I have a number of Sony titles that do not include MCH nor a CD layer for that matter. Most everything I buy now includes all three layers and while there are some Sonys I have thought to back fill, I have avoided in doing so up to this point.

Robert and I have been having discussions about multichannel and the utilization of the center and rear channel. Some recordings do not include the use of the center and very subtle use of the rears. I have a Denon 3803 AVR and that component neeeds all the help it can get with multichannel listening. I fall back to two channel with my Rogue tube amps when all channels aren't utilized up to par so to speak.

The Living Stereo recordings are a very good example for which I much rather listen to these in 3 channel where applicable. I agree with you about those being much better than just listening in two channel.

I seem to be able to notice more prominently the lack of center channel usage on recordings much more so than Robert. Perhaps it is my system more than anything else.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Most Importantly, Most Now Include A CD Layer - Robertc88 05:23:21 12/31/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.