Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Some interesting stats on my hi-rez collection

As the year draw to close, I thought it might be interesting to analyze my hi-rez collection (SA-CD + DVD-Audio).

Current size of collection: just under 400 titles. This breaks down to about 40% classical, 30% jazz and "the rest". Of these, around 70 are DVD-Audios (including a handful of DualDiscs) - the rest are SA-CDs.

The first title was bought in late 2001 and was a DVD-Audio (Pat Metheny Group Imaginary Day). This was followed by a few SA-CDs in late 2001 (first one was So Real by Warren Bernhardt).

Interestingly, nearly 75% of the titles feature a multi-channel audio track, so it was definitely worthwhile investing in m-ch playback. This was a much higher ratio than I would have guessed.

Total spent to date: nearly A$10,000 (in 2006, around A$1,300). Biggest spending was in 2003, when I bought around 110 titles. Last two years I have been averaging around 50-60 titles per year.

PS - all these statistics are provided courtesy of Catraxx, which I have been using to catalogue my discs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Some interesting stats on my hi-rez collection - Christine Tham 22:32:31 12/30/06 (5)

You can not post to an archived thread.