Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: With a very heavy heart

I came to the second Valve State of the Art Conference as a real neophyte with the intention of hearing as many SE amps as possible. The most memorable experience was sitting next to Buddha in Tucker's room listening to the Exemplars driven by his P-feed 45s and the exception preamp. John had played my CD "Strike a Deep Chord" with Dr.John and Odetta duetting on "Brother Can You Spare a Dime?", and Odetta serving up a transcendent rendition of "America the Beautiful". I asked Tucker to play it at 1/3 the volume and Buddha was on the edge of his chair listening intently. I said his C4s was a real trick circuit and he said,"One of those rare times when the theory IS the reality; so that right here in this room Odetta can make you believe in it all over again." He was so kind to suggest reciprocity, though so far down the path. He really earned his nickname that day for me. True Grief is Praise for what has gone. My condolences to everyone.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: With a very heavy heart - Hank Murrow 14:09:43 04/22/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.