Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: wideband shouting/beaming?

OK.I guess then it may be the temporary baffles.They are a 1m by 50 cm by 50mm polysterene sheet.4x 1 meter 20mm thick square wood pieces are placed about 30 cm apart lengthwise (2 in front 2 in back)just so they can tighten the widband to the baffle using cable ties going thru the polysterene sheet.It is not of course the stiffest baffle but it can be done in one afternoon with almost no power tools.A good solution while waiting for the wood baffles to come in when you get itchy fingers.
The electronics are Aikido diy preamp, 300b diy amp or Mauro Penasas My evo diy amp,dddac 1543mk2 ,teac vrds 25x transport, cabling is diy mainly monofilament copper wound crosswise on teflon or other material.
Nothing there to suggest a peak at 600-800hz.I did try moving about the room to see if this effect diminished and there was some difference.I moved the speakers parallel instead toed in and this helped a little.Distance is about 2.5m and there is about 1m from side and 2m from back walls.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.