Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Which Bastanis?

Hi,

the Mandala open baffle speakers from the line always come with active powered woofers. The active powered woofers and the compact sized open baffles offer most versatile behaviour but because of the extra- woofers and woofer- amps the entry to the Mandala speakers is higher priced compared to the passive speakers from the line.

The line of passive speakers was introduced in parallel to the open baffle line. Today there are two passive speakers available:

The LBF which is based on a 10" crossoverless wideband drivers and helper- tweeters. The LBF offer good efficiency (93dB/1W/1m; 8Ohms)and an elegant look which let the LBF speakers integrate well in nearly all rooms.

The new Matterhorn speakers base on extremely high efficient 15" crossoverless wideband drivers and either the Standard- or the Gemini- tweeters which are wellknown from the Mandala line of open baffle speakers. The Matterhorn speakers are much bigger compared to the LBF but they`re still compact sized regarding the size of the wideband drivers, the efficiency and the max. dynamics.

Matterhorn and LBF have floor- firing basshorn- cabinets and they offer much more dynamic sound than anybody would expect knowing the size of the wideband- drivers only. Especially the new Matterhorn marks a new standard for passive speakers - the dynamics, the fundamental basses and the high efficiency of real 100dB/1W/1m; 8Ohms are comparable to some few huge and very expensive fullhorn- speakers only.
There is an English review available online at highfidelity.pl .

The soundquality of the Matterhorn speakers is comparable to the soundquality of the Mandala open baffle speakers but the open baffles show some advantages in imaging caused by the dipole characteristics.

You are welcome to send me a mail with some details of your room and your electronics, then i can give you individual advice.

regards,
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.