Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Which Bastanis?

Hi,

both speakers are fine for your room and offer harmonic sound with the Transcendent amp.
The LBF sound very good and always harmonic offering dynamic and fundamental basses and nice resolution of fine details in the midrange and the highs. The efficiency is 93dB/1W/1m which is fine to achieve uncompressed dynamics with your amp up to relatively high listening- levels and to listen a big classical orchestra at live level. The LBF are 1000mm high, 280mm wide and 340mm deep without the additional extra front- platter shown on my website. They look small, elegant and are not dominating the room.
The Matterhorn speakers offer unlimited unique dynamics and bass- quality and they also offer superiour resolution of fine detail in the midrange. When you choose the Gemini dipole tweeters the Matterhorn speakers also offer unique resolution of fine detail in the highs and superiour imaging. The lower priced Standard tweeters are truely nice and satisfying sounding, too. The Matterhorn speakers are true 100dB/1W/1m efficient and powered by the Transcendent amp it`s possible to listen at about live rock concert- levels.
The Matterhorn speakers are 1100mm high,420mm wide and 348mm deep without the additional extra front- platter shown on my website. The Matterhorn speakers are bigger compared to the LBF but in case that it`s required they can be placed relatively close to the backwall, the self- adjusting floor- firing basshorn design helps to keep the basses punchy, fundamental and precise even with short distance to the backwall of the room.

Regards,
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Which Bastanis? - Robert Bastani 22:13:49 02/17/13 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.