Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
Balanced outputs from my Ayre preamp go to an Ayre amp; single-ended go to a crossover that low-passes to a pair of subs. I want to high-pass from the crossover to Cary tube monoblocks as an alternative to the Ayre amp. When either the Ayre or Carys is not in use it will be in standby, and speaker leads from only the active amp will connected at any given time. Is there a problem with this plan?
I'm using the term amp to refer to the Ayre stereo amp and to the pair of Cary monoblocks.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Connecting alternate amp - dbphd 14:03:19 05/22/17 (5)
- RE: Connecting alternate amp - dbphd 20:21:10 05/23/17 (0)
- The presence of the unused amp - Ralph 12:10:30 05/23/17 (0)
- and there's tube life to consider - Bill Way 08:24:44 05/23/17 (0)
- Yu really do not want to be connecting /disconnecting anything while amps are turned on - 3+4=5 14:19:14 05/22/17 (1)
- ABSOLUTELY! (nt) - neolith 07:00:33 05/23/17 (0)