Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

The Further Musings on the Rooze

or ... "Why Not to Hang the TV on the Wall!"

I've posted about my journey with the Rooze setup over the past couple years and it continues to be working amazingly well. Over the past year I've sorted out a process for Dirac Live calibration that results in proper polarity and Impulse Response correction. I've moved the 3.7's closer to the front wall, tweeters close to the side wall, with adjustable oak baffles on the leading edges, and polycarbonate reflection panels on the side walls.

The latest step was to replace my 12 year old Panasonic 58" plasma with an LG CX 77" OLED. The Panasonic was 4ft from the front wall, but I decided for reasons of 4K resolution and cinematic field of view to place the LG 5ft from the front wall. This also brought the CC5 center another foot forward.

Everything about this setup worked spectacularly well as expected. What I didn't expect was the improvement in stereo imaging. But it's understandable. The TV now blocks - or more precisely delays - reflections from the rear waves of the 3.7's and CC5. I think all of this serves to reduce the ill-effects of Interaural Crosstalk. The stereo image is as wide (sometimes wider) as the room and very deep. 7.1.4 Atmos is epic! And at 9ft from MLP, the 77" TV has the field of view of a 120" on the wall :-)

Agilist, Musician, Photographer, Audiophile
Magneplanar: 3.7, CCR, MC1,LRS, MMGW, DWM; Outlaw: UltraX12, LFM-1C; Emotiva: XMC-2; Nord: Nord One NC500DM, Nord Three 1ET7040SA; Outlaw: Model 7500; OPPO 205

Edits: 06/18/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - The Further Musings on the Rooze - MarcL 06:16:10 06/18/21 (16)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.