Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Bi-Wire Made a considerable improvement

Right, Josh. The thing that called my attention is the span of time. The bulk of any changes in sound character will normally happen over the course of the first hour or two of vigorous use. This is assuming apples and apples.

In other words, the comparison is with the very same type of cables; mounted and routed in the very same way. A switch in cable types, routing and/or terminations brings along more variables.

In any event, it appears that the change in character was late, AND sudden. With cables, I can understand long maturation periods of an evolving nature. However, if a sudden change happens after a long while, I start sniffing around my system for an unidentified opportunity that I somehow missed...assuming it is an improvement, in this case.

Very often, finding these has helped me avoid the pseudo-random nature of things that affect the system. Therefore, it all becomes increasingly predictable, which is what I'd like to help the OP achieve.

For example, I no longer make long-term observations that span the summer to cold months here. South Florida's A/Cs, alone, make a vast difference in power and background noise signatures between these seasons. So, each type of critical evaluation has to happen within the same season. At first, ignoring this led me to misguided conclusions.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.