Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Funny you should mention that

One of my REL Q150s is dead - plate amp (not a fuse). It had been almost 6 weeks since I'd used my hybrids - everything was in order then. The problem is that I built my frames to accept front-firing subs that are no more than 12" wide and 14" tall. Too much specificity sure does narrow one's choices. I can't tell you how many times I've painted myself into corners by going a bit too far with customization (you'd think I'd learn).

So far, I've only pulled the amp and broken it down - it's now in the queue for my time (I could be looking at it right now, eh?). I have to confess though - I'm slowing down. There was a time when I repaired crap like that for fun (funny, though, how widely the meme 'he can fix your broken xxx' spreads beyond one's immediate friends and relatives). Hell, 20 of my working years were packed with 80 hour weeks (and I suspect there's nothing unique about that) - the point is that I stepped off that merry-go-round. Now, I'd rather reach to my hip pocket than give up chunks of time - we forfeit our time (bust our asses) to build a cache from which to withdraw time (sit on our asses). Listening to music, however, isn't always about sitting on one's ass.

Of course, the problem is as it has always been - so many things to do. Every spring is deep cleaning time - the process is in full swing. My new configuration is a bonus. I had thought about it a few times, but as I started moving the furniture, a workable arrangement flashed in my head - mind you, it would only be workable for someone deserving the 'inmate' epithet.

Anyway, to get back to the issue - I'm down a sub, so I guess there's technically no winner in your little wager. On the other hand, you only said 'need' - I feel a strong need, so pay up!

The new countertops will be ready next week. I have work to do in the kitchen - so do you.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.