Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: ^ Gratitude

Yes. You dropped almost a grand, which is a hefty chunk for anyone. That part I agree with. However, the part you're leaving out is what you GOT for that grand. Were you to flip it for resale on the open market (I'm already pretty sure you did that to at least some of it), you could've easily doubled your money, or to look at it inversely, would've had to spend twice as much to get what you got. So to *MOST* people, that definitely qualifies as a score. But not in the strange little world of TH. You'd have to quadruple it for it to breach "score" territory.

As far as when I threw stuff away, my response to that is "yeah...and? So what?" People and businesses do that all the time: dispose of unwanted/unneeded/unsold items. What is so egregious about that? Again, the part that you left out is that I only disposed of them after repeated attempts to sell the items in question AT A DISCOUNT TO THE MARKET failed to materialize. If my asking prices were ridiculously above the market, you'd have an argument. But what really dismayed me about that whole episode was how I was made out to be the villain for not simply giving them away. But stop and think about what it was really being said. These folks were mad that they weren't given anything for free. They were stopping just short of demanding it; basically saying in a veiled (and sometimes not so veiled) way that not only were they right to not pay discounted prices, but that I owed it to them to give them away for free; that certain people felt that they were deserving. Of course no compelling reason as to why was ever presented.

So tell me again who has the [unfair and unrealistic] sense of entitlement???

And yes. I saw and am fully aware of the character assassinations of me that have taken place over there. As to be expected, there was a LOT and I do mean...a LOT of information that was left out of Jeffs dissertation. But that doesn't surprise me; when you have an agenda and an axe to grind, omitting certain facts and details is what you have to do in order to [mis]lead your readers into drawing the conclusions you want them to. But inasmuch as a pre-existing bias already existed there, I'm not really sure why it was felt to do that and do it in semi-secret. Jeff knows he's hiding a lot. So maybe that's why. And tell me what I did and said that wasn't an adherence to the truth? Oh yeah, Jeff said himself that he doesn't care about the truth. So a massive culture of denial, fantasy, and outright fiction is the dominating aspect of TH...I HAVE THAT IN WRITING FROM JEFF HIMSELF. You're telling me that you support a site that exists in an alternate reality of untruths, half truths, and cherry picking the facts you want to believe? What does that say about your own character and ethos? Those are the type of questions that make people quite uncomfortable, especially if the answer were to put them in a bad light. So it's easier to deny it and attack the person that's asking the question in order to divert attention away from what's really being talked about.

So before you or anyone else goes off hurling rocks, you better make sure you have your own ducks in a row. And trust me. Based on your two entry above, I'm here to tell you right now that...you don't. Jeff SHOULD be under arrest for some of the things he's said and condoned.

Now with all of that said, can we get back to the original topic of ATR tape please? If you wish to continue this dialogue in private, please feel free to email me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.