Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Call me crazy but the difference in cables Isn't that much

"The affects claimed from people who are proponents of cryo, cable cookers and such have never been documented as quantifiable phenomenon. While changes in sound are perceived, they are not likely due to things like the crystalline structure of copper or silver, the insulation dialectrics, tribo issues or any of that. This is based on assumptions made through observation, leaving them in the realm of unproven theory."

If the cause and effect has never been documented how can you claim that changes in sound are NOT due to things like changes in crystalline structure and insulation dialectrics? Just because a phenomenon has not been peer reviewed or documented doesn't mean it is not real. If we had to wait for every unusual phenomenon in audio to be peer reviewed and documented we would still be back in the 1980s. And who is going to do the peer review? AES, MIT, NASA, Stereophile, DARPA, NIST? Some theories are implausible, depending on who is weighing the theories, but if one begins throwing out all theories that are implausible one just might wind up with nothng. We cannot get absolute proof for many things in audio, evidence but not proof. THAT's why there has been a cable debate for 30 some odd years. Furthermore, it does NOT seem implausible that cable performance would be enhanced by changes in crystalline structure or insulation dielectrics; that actually seems like a valid theory. Meanwhile audiophiles, especially competitive audiophiles, continue to use cryogenics and break-in devices without absolute proof. So it goes.

Edits: 11/25/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Call me crazy but the difference in cables Isn't that much - geoffkait 02:22:24 11/25/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.