Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Why do I have to believe?

Pat PLEASE tell me you're being sarcastic with this comment "What difference does it make what I "believer" or whether or not I "believe?" Answer: it's irrelevant. My beliefs make no difference, it's evidence that counts.

If I am discussing/debating anything with YOU that your beliefs on that subject absolutely do matter as they influence everything you say!

But why am I surprised? For you continue from one bit of silliness to another. For now you proclaim: "What I do point out is that after some decades, people like you have failed to show that they can hear the differences between interconnects at line level or speaker wires." That's an outright lie Pat, you know John Atkinson and others have proven this very thing.

Next Pat you say "You claim you can do so." And that's true I can!

But in typical Pat D audio politcian manner you state; "I do not deny that you can but I do not accept it, either. Why? No evidence you can." Come to FLA and let me provide you evidence Pat!

I do however love how you responded to my opinion of your system. Pat D states "I should point out that you are making a circumstantial ad hominem by bashing my system, which is probably quieter than yours, I would guess. But then I am hardly surprised as you often resort to ad hominem. Why do you have a need to do that?"

Not an ad hominem Pat old boy, just an effort on my part towards giving your statements some credibility. Knowing the quality of what you listen to and consider to be "...the best speakers I have had and as good as anything I have ever heard." goes a long ways towards the weight I give your audio opinions. IMHO after reading that you're like someone who owns a Corvette telling a man who owns a Lamborghini Diablo GTR, why the Corvette is the better car. When the reality is, it's ONLY a better car in his mind and no where else!

Besides trying fiqure out what amount of weight to give your audio statements through knowing what you own and what you think of it, I gave you my honest assessment of what I consider to be a just barely entry-level highend system. I'd hardly call what I said "bashing it" though. I was only being honest of what I thought of a side-by-side comparison of our speakers.

You could be right though MAYBE your system is quieter than mine. But FYI with TAD 2001's, which are at least 96dB efficient on my SET nary a bit o'hiss was heard! It's quiet enough for me. Like you always say; But is it audible? So your entry-level system MAY be quieter than my system, but is the quietness difference audible? I'd say not!

Now as far as your statement of; I suggest you get a subwoofer if you want bass below 35 Hz. I'll wait till I get my RCA LC9A's up and running before making that decision.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.