Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

And You Talk About Me Being Silly!

Pat D, you're still playing games. You're claim I've made no attempt to find out "under what circumstances" is. As you well know I believe wires "sound" different when installed in different audio systems. So why would I need to know what "under what circumstances" means to anyone but YOU? Only YOU can answer that question.

So how did you reply to my question? You said; "I know some circumstances not all of them." As I now understand you, YOU believe under some circumstances wires can sound different, but you only know what some of those "under what circumstances" are, correct? Ok, that's fair enough!

I believe from statements you've made in the past such as; "No, it's proven that there are audible differences between some speaker cables under some circumstances" and "THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE PROBABLY NOT THINGS YOU WOULD WANT FOR SERIOUS LISTENING AND WEREN'T WITH 10 foot SPEAKER CABLES." (emphasis by thetubeguy)that it's quite clear you want to use obscure some example of wire use that most likely would NEVER be encountered in a typical audiophile/music lovers use of wire, in defense of your postion that you never said ALL wires! When you stated "Now where did I say that wire never makes any difference or that it cannot make a difference?" (Taken from this post of yours http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/prophead/messages/21839.html )

This supports my previous statements that your real postion on wires is, that differences between 3 foot interconnects at line level or 10 foot speaker cables of reasonable gauge are ordinarily audible with equipment that is functioning properly within its design limits, are inaudible.

That could be re-said as 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of wires are not audibly different "IF" it's a 3 foot interconnect at line level or 10 foot speaker cables of reasonable gauge & the equipment is functioning correctly! That is essentially ALL typical audio wires. Yet when I say "ALL" you act like an audio politician, get all insulted, act like I don't understand what I'm speaking about and cry out "Now where did I say that wire never makes any difference or that it cannot make a difference?"

Your true beliefs were displayed when you said, "Strange that even staunch believers can't prove they hear differences between cables in sensible set ups." (Taken from this post of yours http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=prophead&n=21176&highlight=thetubeguy1954&r=&session= ) Your true beliefs are displayed when you demand Subjectivists PROVE they hear differences in wires. Your true beliefs are displayed when you say like you did above; "Find some cables that are outside the matching criteria in the link below (established by DBTs) or some other good reasons and I will believe you. Otherwise, I want a DBT."

Your true beliefs are when wires are used as they'd be encountered in a typical audiophile/music lovers use of wire, in their audio system, i.e. 3 foot interconnects at line level or 10 foot speaker cables of reasonable gauge are inaudible with equipment that is functioning properly within its design limits, and that's essentially ALL wires and I don't know how I can be clearer than that!

Pat you are still playing games. You know when we are discussing we are discussing audio as the typical audiophile/music lover encounters it! Otherwise next time when we're comparing tubed amps to soildtstate amps, I'll use some cheap transitor radio as my example of a solidstate amp and it's typical specs and behaviors. That's basically what you did above with your wire example.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.