Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Studio monitor volume controls rotation

"Hey John, in the sense that the OP is asking about "flat", he's not referring to a frequency response curve."

So, we agree on that, right? You didn't mention that aspect of your previous post, nor in my reply, in this post. Obfuscating? ;)

"Rather, he's referring to no gain and no attenuation imparted by the control's circuit - i.e., "flat"."

I should have included "based on the signal level 'standard'" being referenced, but I thought the discussion had already established that. +4 is one, -10 is another.

JE: "The speaker has built-in amplifiers with fixed gains that never change regardless of the position of the potentiometer."

As I noted in my previous post, I'm not familiar with that particular product. However, I'd guess that it doesn't have a variable gain amplifier, but rather, the control is simply a pot.

I'm still puzzled about why the OP doesn't ask Yamaha or read the manual?

In any case, none of this has to do with EQ settings, but rather, signal level references, right? ;)

btw, the speakers with the combo mid and tweet, that's cool! I'll have to take a listen to them online sometime. :)

Edits: 07/02/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Studio monitor volume controls rotation - Inmate51 15:18:26 07/02/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.