Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Bluesound Controller

I have a NAD M12 fitted with Blusound BluOS network board. It uses Bluesound's Controller on my Windows PC to select my music that's stored on a NAS.

After using a Sonos, I'm sorry to see some disappointing features in the Blusound controller. Has anyone else found the same with their Bluesound products?

1. I can't play any music where there's an accent in the track title or artist name. So nothing by Albeniz as he spells his name with an accent on the e - and it won't play individual tracks with accents. It just stops playing and requires a visit to the PC to clear the obstruction and go on to the next valid track.

2. Same goes for tracks with punctuation marks (but maybe not all) so "What am I to you?" is unplayable - see screenshot.

3. If I find a CD by browsing my Folders structure (so much easier than Artist or Album as I separate Classical from Non-Classical), I can't simply ask for "Play All". I have to open the folder and click on every single track file.

4. If I want to Play Now, Play Next, or Add to List I have to decide in advance and set this option as default in the drop-down Player menu. Why can't Bluesound offer what Sonos does - choose when you want it played at the time of track / album / folder selection?

Could anyone using this controller please check out my findings and report back? I've made Bluesound aware of these problems and they seem responsive but nothing seems to have been done to rectify matters yet.

Thanks

Peter

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Bluesound Controller - cawson@onetel.com 15:31:25 04/27/15 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.