Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Bluesound Controller

Thanks Welly

> I have a Bluesound Node and I've never encountered an instance where it would not play a track whether it has accents or punctuation marks... For example, I have numerous tracks by Sigur Rós, whose track name have all sorts of weird characters in them, such as "Sæglópur" and "Bláþráður" and these play with no issues.

> My main gripe with the Controller App is that I can't just play an album directly from the album's icon. Instead, you tap the icon and it brings up a track listing which then gives you the option to add all tracks to the playlist (Unless I'm missing something).

From what you say, I guess you're using the i or Android app, rather than a PC. This is somewhat different in that you cannot browse your collection by Folder - as far as I can see. Folder is nearly always my preferred choice so I use the Windows PC Controller. Have you used this and if so, can you play a track with accents or punctuation marks after finding it via Folder? It'll happily add the track but when it comes up for play, the notice I illustrated comes up and all music stops.

I sort of share the gripe you mention about playing an entire album, although I'd rather be prompted with a "Play All?" flag than have the whole album added to the playlist just by (possibly accidentally) touching the screen. I much prefer the Sonos (and probably J River) option of having to tap (or click) the album icon and then be offered 3 options - Play Now (immediately interrupting what's being played), Play Next (adding after the track being played has finished) or Add to List (adding at the end of the existing playlist)

Thanks

Peter

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.