Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: "The ASIO driver for Windows does not use DoP nor does the ASIO driver for OSX."

Thanks for your comments Rick. But our questioner knows the answers to his questions before he presents them. There is no answer. If there were a set of measurements that could describe exactly how a DAC would sound, we could dispense with the reviews and just verify that everything works as advertised.

If one reads my e22 DAC review, both the ASIO driver and the Core Audio are bit perfect. But they sound different. How does one prove this? One can easily measure the CPU activity with ASIO and Core Audio drivers. I did; the ASIO was much less. But if the output is bit perfect for both, how can they sound different? Most of us know the answer to this question. Some just can't accept it.

I also find it curious that the questioner won't share with us his name, occupation, system specifics, etc. I'm sure he will protest on a stack of bibles that this has nothing to do with anything; but it does.

Most of the inmates in this forum are well educated and bright people. Need I say more?

Reviewing these products is not an easy task. You are playing with people's livelihoods and can't take a caviler approach to the task. After doing this job for over two years, I have left a significant body of work for others to evaluate. If their experiences are consistently different from mine, then I am wasting my time and theirs. I hope this has not been the case.

Now what about computer hardware and software optimization?

I know that it makes a sonic difference. But I have a number of friends with excellent systems that just use a stock Mac and have a darn good time. After all, this is a hobby and we should not lose site of that.

Edits: 09/05/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "The ASIO driver for Windows does not use DoP nor does the ASIO driver for OSX." - Mercman 11:57:21 09/05/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.