In Reply to: RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners posted by Sebrof on May 9, 2012 at 15:23:34:
Is your 6C6-2A3 amp a Min creation? He has built many of these amps, some of which have received rave reviews (go figure) and positive comments about the build quality.
I received one of his "kits", but it was missing a host of components, did not include my custom requests and the chassis layout so poor that I have decided to pull it down (was ~90% complete) and scratch build. I could not look at the thing without feeling disappointed; despite my limited experience I could have done better with my first build.
I have seen the underside of one of his completed builds in a larger chassis, with more appropriate component selection - this was better, but not great.
My guess is that a 6C6 driving a 2A3, with well thought out power supply, operating points, component selection and build quality can be very nice... I will see in the next month or so.
“As long as we have any intention to be right… we should be wary. So long as words have the slightest ego attachment, they are dishonest.” Charlotte Joko Beck
Edits: 05/11/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - Frihed89 15:11:24 05/09/12 (9)
- RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - Morganc 23:09:18 05/16/12 (0)
- RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - msa 06:37:12 05/11/12 (0)
- RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - Cut-Throat 17:56:42 05/09/12 (2)
- By The Way....... - gfederys 08:48:10 05/10/12 (1)
- RE: By The Way....... - Cut-Throat 10:36:04 05/10/12 (0)
- RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - Sebrof 15:23:34 05/09/12 (3)