In Reply to: RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners posted by Sebrof on May 9, 2012 at 15:23:34:
Is your 6C6-2A3 amp a Min creation? He has built many of these amps, some of which have received rave reviews (go figure) and positive comments about the build quality.
I received one of his "kits", but it was missing a host of components, did not include my custom requests and the chassis layout so poor that I have decided to pull it down (was ~90% complete) and scratch build. I could not look at the thing without feeling disappointed; despite my limited experience I could have done better with my first build.
I have seen the underside of one of his completed builds in a larger chassis, with more appropriate component selection - this was better, but not great.
My guess is that a 6C6 driving a 2A3, with well thought out power supply, operating points, component selection and build quality can be very nice... I will see in the next month or so.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki
Edits: 05/11/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - Frihed89 15:11:24 05/09/12 (9)
- RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - Morganc 23:09:18 05/16/12 (0)
- RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - msa 06:37:12 05/11/12 (0)
- RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - Cut-Throat 17:56:42 05/09/12 (2)
- By The Way....... - gfederys 08:48:10 05/10/12 (1)
- RE: By The Way....... - Cut-Throat 10:36:04 05/10/12 (0)
- RE: Question for Tekton Design speaker owners - Sebrof 15:23:34 05/09/12 (3)