Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

OT Question.

Is your 6C6-2A3 amp a Min creation? He has built many of these amps, some of which have received rave reviews (go figure) and positive comments about the build quality.

I received one of his "kits", but it was missing a host of components, did not include my custom requests and the chassis layout so poor that I have decided to pull it down (was ~90% complete) and scratch build. I could not look at the thing without feeling disappointed; despite my limited experience I could have done better with my first build.

I have seen the underside of one of his completed builds in a larger chassis, with more appropriate component selection - this was better, but not great.

My guess is that a 6C6 driving a 2A3, with well thought out power supply, operating points, component selection and build quality can be very nice... I will see in the next month or so.

Cheers.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki

Edits: 05/11/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Dynaco Doctor  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.