Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Absolutely stunning

I can't tell if its still breaking in, or if its just that I'm so suprised every time I sit down to listen. This thin wire stuff with efficient horns is wonderful.

I've had an errant high frquency problem I've been chasing down in my system. The highs are just too hard, and edgy or something. I put grid stoppers on my phono stage, OK, that helps. Check the RIAA, looks good. Haven't measured it thought, perhaps its off. New diffusors from Bert for the Oris, that helps. Finally, removing the thick cables I used for speaker wires, and replacing with THIN ones does it.

What I hear is that my source is delivering all sorts of high frequency information, but the damn cables was messing it up so much, that it was getting dissociated from the musical events they originally came from. Is this time smear? I don't know, but now the very high frequency part of the music is tied to the rest.

As Kurt says, for all of us used to listening to conventional stereo's, it may be percieved as less dynamic. My wife says "Its softer on top", and she doesn't like it as much. But to me, whose spent a LOT of time playing in a symphony, I can tell you its less artificial.

Try it ..

Dan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.