Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Linns scare me posted by Ex Lion Tamer on October 11, 2006 at 16:07:24:
Where does this come from, that Linns are tricky to set up, require frequent setup and are finicky?
I haven't found that with my LP12, which has travelled with me from the UK, to France, to the US, over a ten year period. That's one of the benefits, too - with the Valhalla board, it woks on 110-240VAC and 50-60Hz just by swapping a fuse and a wire.
It was set up professionally when I bought it, and I had it tweaked once by my local dealer (at the time) in the UK (who charged me nothing, because as he put it "it's fine").
I adjusted it a little when moving to France, and have adjusted it twice during our four years in the US, once on arrival, and once after a house move, when replacing the belt and bearing oil.
Sorry, but they're a lot less "fussy" than people think, and they certainly don't need constant tweaking.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - favorite $1,000 to $2,000. table - Ex Lion Tamer 10:31:04 10/11/06 (18)
- More thoughts - Ex Lion Tamer 16:01:57 10/11/06 (1)
- Re: More thoughts - mothra 15:04:05 10/12/06 (0)
- Linn? - bufjock 15:46:18 10/11/06 (4)
- Linns scare me - Ex Lion Tamer 16:07:24 10/11/06 (3)
- Re: favorite $1,000 to $2,000. table - jazzthusiast 14:47:53 10/11/06 (0)
- HW19-Mk IV would be a great choice - creativepart 13:17:59 10/11/06 (0)
- I haven't heard most of them, but ... - reelsmith. 12:18:18 10/11/06 (6)
- I just went from a Jr to a Mark III... - chriss 17:30:01 10/11/06 (3)
- Don't be concerned ... - reelsmith. 17:48:39 10/11/06 (2)
- Re: I haven't heard most of them, but ... - Ex Lion Tamer 14:07:44 10/11/06 (1)
- No ... - reelsmith. 14:28:17 10/11/06 (0)
- I'm cornfused. Your subject line says $1k-2K but - HenryH 10:37:07 10/11/06 (1)
- Sorry for the confusion... - Ex Lion Tamer 10:41:00 10/11/06 (0)
- Nothing to be scared of - OilfieldTiger 08:03:46 10/12/06 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.