I have this little Heathkit (AA-32) vacuum tube integrated that sounds so good nothing else I have can knock it off the top of the hill. Until I get around to putting in some gold jacks I'm using the originals cleaned up the best I can.
As in most vintage gear the jacks are too close together to fit in a modern cable next to each other.
Instead of right next to each other I'm using the ceramic phono input jack for a high level input instead of the tuner jack.The ceramic's input sensitivity is the same as the tuners, 250 millivolts. The input impedance for the ceramic is 2.2 megaohms while the tuner and aux. are 47 ohms.
I know the ceramic input was made for kiddie phonographs in the day.
So here is my question; Using you guys as my ears, are there any sonic pitfalls in doing this? I am feeding my TV into a wireless Kodi 4K steaming device. It goes from there to a Fiio Taishan 25 dollar DAC which excepts an optic cable but outputs with 2 gold RCA jacks to the ceramic jacks on the Heathkit.
My Samsung tv had no audio RCA output jacks. On the other high inputs the sound is first class but I was wondering if ceramic had any thing in the path to shorten the 20 to 20,000 range?.....thanks alot.....3rd day of
snow in Maine, thats why you get questions like this....Mark K.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Ceramic Phono Input - firstname.lastname@example.org 07:36:37 02/11/17 (12)
- RE: Ceramic Phono cartridges - DavidLD 15:34:57 02/11/17 (0)
- RE: Ceramic Phono Input - Eli Duttman 12:06:24 02/11/17 (8)
- RE: Ceramic Phono Input - email@example.com 15:38:13 02/11/17 (7)
- RE: Ceramic Phono Input - Eli Duttman 16:30:58 02/11/17 (5)
- RE: Ceramic Phono Input - firstname.lastname@example.org 07:25:44 02/19/17 (0)
- RE: Ceramic Phono Input - email@example.com 07:09:10 02/19/17 (3)
- RE: Ceramic Phono Input - firstname.lastname@example.org 15:46:59 02/11/17 (0)
- RE: Ceramic Phono Input - Interstage Tranny 07:54:08 02/11/17 (1)
- RE: Ceramic Phono Input - email@example.com 10:38:24 02/11/17 (0)