Home Tweakers' Asylum

Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.

RE: Can I suggest for ICs ...

you use solid-core cable. Belden 89259 has a stranded central core - and of course a stranded shield.

If you read the late, great Allen Wright books, he was very much into solid core cable - so that is what I use. Belden 3079A is 2x solid-core copper wires underneath a double shield. The 2 wires give you signal 'hot' and signal 'ground' ... and you just connect the braided shield to the RCA barrel at the source end only (so it doesn't become part of the signal chain).

And your extra strengthening heatshink over the back end of the RCA barrels and the Belden is in fact a good idea ... it damps the RCA barrels.


Edits: 01/29/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Can I suggest for ICs ... - andyr 23:13:56 01/29/17 (1)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.