Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
just removed my old RCA interconnects I've had hooked up to my system and replaced them with the JR DIY recipe.
I was a bit rusty with the soldering iron but I ended up OK with 3 Belden 89259 / Cardas RCAs interconnects connecting my Tweeter/midrange panels on my Maggies. Going to create two more for the bass panels tomorrow.
The smear heard previously (which I knew had to originate from my crappy cables) has now lifted , vocals are sharp (although not 'pin-point' but I'll experiment with speaker placement this weekend).
I gotta tell you it's like going from a glass of muddy water to sparkling Champagne, will enjoy breaking these in :)
Can't recommend this DIY enough.
Only problem I have is the the great contrast between the fat connector and the skinny Belden cable, leaving the shrink a bit loose. I slid a slimmer shrink to close the gap but it doesn't look too professional. Oh well I guess you can't have it all-
Edits: 01/27/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - John Risch - Green Lantern 20:15:51 01/27/17 (11)
- RE: John Risch - mitch2 10:39:28 01/30/17 (1)
- RE: John Risch - Green Lantern 17:04:11 01/30/17 (0)
- RE: Can I suggest for ICs ... - andyr 23:13:56 01/29/17 (1)
- RE the Belden 3079A - Jon Risch 20:48:28 02/01/17 (0)
- RE: John Risch - Satie 13:22:45 01/28/17 (0)
- RE: John Risch - neolith 12:58:44 01/28/17 (0)
- RE: John Risch - bcowen 05:13:58 01/28/17 (3)
- 3M Nexcare Transpore Tape - Duster 16:05:14 01/28/17 (0)
- Jon Risch - Green Lantern 06:35:25 01/28/17 (1)
- The good news - your listening pleasure. The bad news... - musetap 12:25:27 01/28/17 (0)
- RE: John Risch - Cougar 20:58:07 01/27/17 (0)