Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: First posted by Awe-d-o-file on January 22, 2017 at 18:35:09:
CD player is Revox B226 - 2v, 500 ohms
Preamp is Korn&Mcway SP100. Sounds fabulous, but loads of gain. Specs unknown (it's a rarity). No idea of the input impedance. From around 1980.
I actually don't need to put the Rothwell between pre and power. Attenuation is done at power amps inputs (bi-amped sytem).
I just figured I would try the Rothwell because my previous CD player, with digital volume control, sounded slightly better when feeding the same preamp at -10dB output.
But I don't hear distortion per se. Not that I'm aware of, at least.
Still even with some attenuation in front of the power amps, 9 o'clock is loud, and 10o'clock shakes the house - but it's with 104dB sensitive horn speakers.
Globally all sounds great, I just thought I would try them - but it's no big deal.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - KanedaK 00:23:58 01/20/17 (11)
- RE: Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - TomWh 08:58:37 01/23/17 (0)
- First - Awe-d-o-file 18:35:09 01/22/17 (3)
- RE: First - KanedaK 12:11:25 01/25/17 (2)
- RE: Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - Cpwill 15:02:38 01/22/17 (0)
- RE: Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - Ric Schultz 09:54:50 01/20/17 (0)
- RE: Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - Carolus 07:25:19 01/20/17 (0)
- If it's any condolence... - musetap 05:41:29 01/20/17 (2)