Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
Had ordered a pair of 10dB in-line attenuators from Rothwell
my preamp is "vintage" and I figured I might be overloading the input with my CD player (plus Ihave too much gain)..
Well there's no need to listen for hours: in my system, they are a big disappointment.
I suspect a mismatch in impedance.
Sound with the attenuators is soft, flat, and lacking both in extreme low punch and extreme highs clarity and dynamics.
I don't know what it says about Rothwell - they sure got some good reviews, are well finished -I suspect this is very system-dépendant. I hope it is, because if it's not, then it means there are a lot of deaf audiophiles out there!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - KanedaK 00:23:58 01/20/17 (11)
- RE: Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - TomWh 08:58:37 01/23/17 (0)
- First - Awe-d-o-file 18:35:09 01/22/17 (3)
- RE: First - KanedaK 12:11:25 01/25/17 (2)
- RE: Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - Cpwill 15:02:38 01/22/17 (0)
- RE: Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - Ric Schultz 09:54:50 01/20/17 (0)
- RE: Disappointment with Rothwell attenuators - Carolus 07:25:19 01/20/17 (0)
- If it's any condolence... - musetap 05:41:29 01/20/17 (2)