In Reply to: How does it sound? posted by aarocks on September 5, 2016 at 11:09:21:
I haven't heard a fully modded MR78 so a direct comparison can't be made, but I have owned/heard/auditioned most of the TOTL tuners from the Sansui TU X1 to the Sherwood S3000 and most in between. The 18 will hold its own with the best of them. Those are 1/4" headphone jacks powered by a pair of mono LM318OpAmp based circuits conservatively rated at 2W typically closer to 4W after a recap. Each 1/4" jack is perfectly capable of driving some small HE speakers.
The main audio outputs to the RCAs are powered by discretely formed dual mono differential amps completely independent from the headphone monitor amps.
The link will give you some additional information.
Hope that helps.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Need a second tuner - aarocks 05:39:09 09/05/16 (12)
- RE: Need a second tuner - krankkall 14:17:23 10/23/16 (0)
- Yamaha - mr.bear 20:00:07 10/15/16 (0)
- RE: Need a second tuner - jygesq 11:22:43 09/15/16 (0)
- RE: Need a second tuner - 6bq5 12:50:12 09/06/16 (0)
- RE: Need a second tuner - email@example.com 20:51:08 09/05/16 (0)
- An Audiolab 8000T - jedrider 10:20:03 09/05/16 (1)
- if the 8000T's microprocessor fails it's a boat anchor - Timbo in Oz 20:50:15 09/07/16 (0)
- RE: Need a second tuner - HoosierAudio 09:36:28 09/05/16 (4)