Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: RE: Changing the Gain posted by Victor Khomenko on March 19, 2017 at 08:35:31:
Take a 6sn7
250 volt plate
22k plate resistor
About 1k bypassed cathode resistor
Gain 14, DB gain 22.9
Now take a 6sn7
250 volts plate
11k plate resistor
about a 1K bypassed cathode resistor
Gain of 11.25, DB gain of 21
That's a gain difference of 1.9db.
That's not enough to make any real difference if he's fighting a situation of "too much gain" but the harmonic distortion will be much higher with a 11k plate resistor vs. a 22k plate resistor.
Am I missing something?
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Changing the Gain - TomWh 07:08:49 03/16/17 (15)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Tre' 07:42:08 03/19/17 (0)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Naz 05:03:42 03/18/17 (8)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Victor Khomenko 09:55:53 03/18/17 (7)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Tre' 19:40:52 03/18/17 (6)
- RE: Changing the Gain - twystd 23:11:27 03/17/17 (0)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Eli Duttman 09:24:49 03/16/17 (3)