Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: Changing the Gain posted by TomWh on March 16, 2017 at 07:08:49:
Some tubes are made with a control grid helix that varies in pitch. Remote cutoff pentodes associated with AGC are pretty common. In triodes, the 6ES8 comes to mind.
The mu varies with the amount of bias voltage applied. The association with AGC should be obvious.
Eli D.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Changing the Gain - TomWh 07:08:49 03/16/17 (15)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Tre' 07:42:08 03/19/17 (0)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Naz 05:03:42 03/18/17 (8)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Victor Khomenko 09:55:53 03/18/17 (7)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Tre' 19:40:52 03/18/17 (6)
- RE: Changing the Gain - twystd 23:11:27 03/17/17 (0)
- RE: Changing the Gain - Eli Duttman 09:24:49 03/16/17 (3)