Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: RE: Bias on Manley Snappers- your right posted by email@example.com on February 17, 2017 at 03:59:58:
fin, this is what I was told by Manley staff.
The Snappers were designed with EL34s and initial production shipped with those. That is why you'll see EL34 identified on the top plate. Then they began seeing problems with quality from their supplier so switched production to 6CA7s. After some period of time they found acceptable quality in EL34s again so changed back again. That is how they are produced today and what they recommend for re-tubing. Sorry, I can't identify timeframe for the changes.
Mine had 6CA7s when I bought them and since they were strong I didn't want the expense of changing back to EL34s.
"The piano ain't got no wrong notes." Thelonious MonkThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Bias on Manley Snappers - firstname.lastname@example.org 06:42:10 02/16/17 (15)
- RE: Bias on Manley Snappers - Jim McShane 13:47:59 02/16/17 (6)
- RE: Bias on Manley Snappers - Had tubes tested - email@example.com 05:32:25 03/07/17 (0)
- RE: Bias on Manley Snappers- your right - firstname.lastname@example.org 13:58:29 02/16/17 (4)
- Another Snapper owner - M3 lover 09:44:05 02/16/17 (1)
- RE: Another Snapper owner - email@example.com 09:51:03 02/16/17 (0)
- RE: Bias on Manley Snappers - neolith 08:44:18 02/16/17 (3)
- RE: Bias on Manley Snappers - firstname.lastname@example.org 09:33:05 02/16/17 (0)
- RE: Bias on Manley Snappers - email@example.com 09:32:06 02/16/17 (1)
- Correct - 300mv - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:09:07 02/16/17 (0)
- RE: Bias on Manley Snappers - truep 08:25:54 02/16/17 (1)
- RE: Bias on Manley Snappers - email@example.com 09:30:38 02/16/17 (0)
- Snapper output tube story - M3 lover 10:21:26 02/17/17 (0)