Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
I've been looking for an inexpensive way to get a bunch of tubes out of carboard boxes and am not a huge fan of tube caddies. Found this machinist chest that has just the right depth drawers and not nearly as expensive as a vintage Gerstner. Bottom two and two upper left drawers are 1 3/4" deep. Three upper right are 1", good for 9 pins. Top with lid is 2 3/4", good for large rectifier and power tubes. Also a big catchall drawer in the middle for loose tubes and odds and ends. Now I wish I had another one.
You can find these all over the internet. Just search for Trinity Wooden Tool Box TWM-3501. All the other machinist chests similar to this just don't have enough depth to the drawers for useful tube storage.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tube Storage - timoteus 16:48:18 02/10/17 (11)
- wouldn't work for me..... - vinnie2 03:08:52 02/13/17 (3)
- RE: wouldn't work for me..... - AJ 10:09:01 02/13/17 (2)
- RE: Tube Storage - datman 15:52:33 02/12/17 (1)
- RE: Tube Storage - timoteus 16:10:14 02/13/17 (0)
- I like that it has separate drawers for organizing but - Jay Buridan 09:29:58 02/12/17 (1)
- Not plastic and selling out fast. - Jonesy 11:23:53 02/12/17 (0)
- Very Nice! Yup. You are ready for a second one! (nt) - Jonesy 08:53:21 02/11/17 (0)
- I simply use my leftover clothing boxes, and they are free... - DeKay 21:21:27 02/10/17 (1)
- RE: I simply use my leftover clothing boxes, and they are free... - Nunki 05:34:54 02/11/17 (0)