Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: RE: hum from new tube posted by scruffy_ on February 7, 2017 at 16:26:42:
There's only so much you can do in hopes that it is not defective.
Try cleaning the tube pins. Also clean and tighten the socket claws in the voltage stage.
If that doesn't work maybe it does need some hours on it as suggested.
So leave it in the output stage for awhile and then try switching back.
The hum is coming through the speakers?
If not, and it's mechanical, can you supreme the hum by putting some light pressure on the tube?
"I know just enough to get into trouble. But not enough to get out of it."
Edits: 02/07/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - hum from new tube - scruffy_ 14:46:30 02/07/17 (10)
- RE: hum from new tube - Mechans 08:32:49 02/09/17 (2)
- Problem fixed - scruffy_ 08:40:57 02/10/17 (1)
- Excellent! Thanks for posting results! (nt) - Jonesy 10:38:27 02/10/17 (0)
- Heater to Cathode leakage - Alpha Al 10:35:43 02/08/17 (0)
- Leakage? -- Hum from new tube - JazzDude 09:17:38 02/08/17 (0)
- RE: hum from new tube - airtime 14:56:49 02/07/17 (4)